The following recipe and photography was provided by Christina Musgrave of Tasting with Tina.
This Pumpkin Gingerbread Trifle carries the sweetest flavors of fall!
It’s rich with the taste of pumpkin, gingerbread, cinnamon and ginger, making it perfect for any fall celebration, including Thanksgiving.
What makes this recipe even sweeter is that it can made ahead of time, so if you’re hosting, you can check dessert off of your to-do list in advance!
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 1 package gingerbread cake mix
- 2 packages butterscotch pudding mix
- 4 cups Heinen’s whole milk
- 1/2 tsp. Heinen’s ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. Heinen’s ground ginger
- 1 can Heinen’s canned pumpkin
- 1 can whipped cream
- Prepare the cake mix according to the package directions and cool completely. Break cake into crumbles, reserving some crumbles for the topping.
- Combine 4 cups of milk with the pudding mix, ½ tsp. of cinnamon, ½ tsp. of ginger and the pumpkin in a saucepan. Bring to a boil and remove from heat. Let cool until thickened.
- Layer cake crumbs, pudding mix and whipped cream in a large trifle bowl.
- Top with whipped cream and cake crumbs.