The following recipe and photography was provided by recipe developer and food photographer, Ashley Durand of Plate & Pen.
Move aside pumpkin pie, these personal-size parfaits are the latest and greatest sweet seasonal treat!
I always have a can of Heinen’s organic pumpkin puree on hand, but was feeling a bit of pumpkin fatigue from all of the traditional lattes, pies, rolls and cookies. Instead, I decided to get creative and whip up a fall-inspired Pumpkin Parfait, and it did not disappoint.
Featuring layers of pumpkin spice yogurt, sweetened pumpkin puree, granola and apple butter, these parfaits are light, yet indulgent, making them the perfect option for an autumn breakfast or dessert.
Let’s get to layering!
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 1 container pumpkin spice yogurt (or yogurt of your choice)
- 1 15 oz. can Heinen's organic pumpkin puree
- 1 Tbsp. Swerve sweetener
- 1 Tbsp. pumpkin pie spice
- Heinen's pure organic maple syrup
- Granola of choice
- Apple butter, for topping
- Pepitas, for topping
- In a small bowl, mix together the pumpkin puree, Swerve sweetener and pumpkin pie spice.
- Add a few dollops of the pumpkin puree mixture to the bottom of a parfait glass.
- Spoon a layer of yogurt on top of the pumpkin puree.
- Drizzle a light layer of maple syrup over the yogurt.
- Add a layer of granola.
- Add another layer of yogurt, followed by one more layer of granola.
- Add a final layer of yogurt, then finish with apple butter and pepita, if desired.