The following photography was provided by local blogger Abby Thome of The Thome Home.
Treat your taste buds to delicious seasonal pumpkin pie flavor while treating your body to long-lasting energy.
Unlike the short sugar rush that comes with a hearty piece of pumpkin pie, these energy bites channel all of that great tasting flavor into a bite-size treat made from good-for-you ingredients. Just a few will keep you full and motivated all season long!
Pumpkin Pie Energy Bites
- 20 Bites
For the Bites
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 2-3 tsp. pumpkin spice
- 3/4 cup Heinen's Fresh Ground Almond Butter
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
For the Drizzle
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 Tbsp. Heinen's Coconut Oil
- Place the rolled oats in a food processor and pulverize. Depending on your food processor, this may take 1-3 minutes.
- Add the almond butter, pumpkin spice, pumpkin puree and maple syrup and combine until the mixture comes together. If it does not, add a couple Tbsp. of water.
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl and roll the dough into bite-size balls.
- For the drizzle, place the chocolate and coconut oil in a small saucepan and heat on low, stirring until melted.
- Drizzle over bites and store in a covered container in the refrigerator.
Interested in making this recipe? Order the ingredients online for Curbside Grocery Pickup or Delivery.