The following recipe, video and photography were provided by our partner, Chef Billy Parisi.
Have you ever reverse seared a steak? Whether you’re a pro or a novice, this cooking method is easy to do at home and creates the most beautifully browned, exquisitely tender piece of ribeye that will surely fool any dinner guest into thinking they’re eating at a restaurant!
No perfectly cooked cut of steak is complete without a touch of butter, and I find the strong, savory flavor of BelGioioso’s creamy gorgonzola to be the perfect companion to this beefy entrée.
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 2 14-16 oz. Heinen's CARE Certified ribeye steaks
- 2 sticks Heinen's unsalted butter, softened
- 1 wedge BelGioioso creamy gorgonzola
- 2 Tbsp. chives, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 4-6 garlic cloves
- 4-6 thyme sprigs
- 4 tsp. Heinen's unsalted butter, cold
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 225°F.
- Season the steaks very well on both sides with salt and pepper. Transfer them to a wire rack on top of a parchment-lined baking tray.
- Place the tray in the oven and slow cook the steaks at 225°F for about one hour, or until they reach an internal temperature of 110°F.
- While the steaks are cooking, whisk together the softened butter, cheese, chives, salt and pepper in a bowl until combined. Set aside.
- Once the steaks are done, remove them from the oven and add them to a large frying pan over high heat with smoking olive oil.
- Immediately add the garlic, thyme and cold butter. Cook for 3-4 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Flip the steaks over and cook for another 1-2 minutes, or until a medium-rare internal temperature is achieved, about 125°F-135°F.
- Serve with the gorgonzola butter on top.