Recipe, video and photography provided by Heinen’s partner, Chef Billy Parisi.
Amidst all of the holiday dishes and desserts, don’t forget to eat your veggies!
Roasted to perfection and finished with a pinch of sweetness from cranberries and candied pecans, these roasted Brussels sprouts are a delicious addition to any winter meal.
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 ½ lbs. of Brussels sprouts, cut in half
- 1 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 ½ cups pecans
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- ¾ cup dried cranberries
- Balsamic glaze
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Add the olive oil to a large frying pan or rondeau pot over high heat and cook the Brussels sprouts for 7-8 minutes moving them around occasionally using a spoon until well caramelized.
- Season with salt and pepper and bake in the oven at 400°F for 20 minutes.
- In the meantime, add some butter to a medium-size saucepan over low heat and stir in the pecans until coated in the melted butter.
- Next, stir in the brown sugar and cook for 6-8 minutes or until it caramelizes and coats the pecans.
- Transfer them to a parchment-lined sheet tray and spread out.
- Once the Brussels sprouts are finished cooking, toss them with the cranberries and candied pecans and drizzle on balsamic glaze, if desired.