Recipe, video and photography provided by Heinen’s partner, Chef Billy Parisi.
If you have to eat veggies, why not make them the best-tasting food on your plate?
Roasted to perfection and finished with a pinch of sweetness from cranberries and candied pecans, these roasted Brussels sprouts are a delicious addition to any meal.
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 3 Tbsp. Heinen's olive oil
- 1 ½ lbs. Brussels sprouts, cut in half
- 1 Tbsp. Heinen's unsalted butter
- 1 ½ cups pecans
- 1/3 cup Heinen's light brown sugar,
- ¾ cup dried cranberries
- Heinen's balsamic glaze
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Add the olive oil to a large frying pan or rondeau pot over high heat and cook the Brussels sprouts for 7-8 minutes, moving them around occasionally using a spoon until well caramelized.
- Season with salt and pepper and bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes.
- In the meantime, add some butter to a medium-size saucepan over low heat and stir in the pecans until coated in the melted butter.
- Stir in the brown sugar and cook for 6-8 minutes, or until it caramelizes and coats the pecans.
- Transfer the pecans to a parchment-lined sheet tray and spread them out.
- Once the Brussels sprouts are finished cooking, toss them with the cranberries and candied pecans and drizzle on balsamic glaze, if desired.