The following recipe and photography were provided courtesy of Julia of A Cedar Spoon.
Honey Pomegranate Salmon is the perfect festive and healthy addition to your winter time table.
This Mediterranean-inspired fish dinner features a sweet honey pomegranate sauce with fresh rosemary and thyme and is finished with pomegranate arils and slices of citrus.
Packed full of Omega-3’s and Vitamin C, this dish is great for far more than flavor!
Roasted Honey Pomegranate Salmon
- 1–2 lb. salmon fillet
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 large shallots or 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup pomegranate juice
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 lemon, 1/2 juiced and 1/2 sliced
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme (or 2 tsp. fresh thyme, chopped)
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
- 1 or 2 oranges, sliced for garnish
- Fresh sprigs of rosemary, thyme and parsley, for garnish
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 450˚F.
- Combine the pomegranate juice, orange juice, honey, lemon juice, thyme, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Place the salmon fillets skin-side-down in a large baking dish. Pour the pomegranate marinade around the salmon fillets.
- Sprinkle the garlic and shallots (or onion) around the salmon.
- Add a few sprigs of fresh rosemary and thyme if you like (not necessary, but adds a bit more flavor).
- Bake the salmon for about 12-14 minutes, or until it is cooked through and reaches an internal temperature of 145˚F.
- Remove the salmon from the oven and top with pomegranate arils, fresh thyme and rosemary.
- Serve warm with lemon and orange slices.
Interested in making this recipe? Order the ingredients online for Curbside Grocery Pickup or Delivery.