The following recipe, video and photography were provided by our partner, Chef Billy Parisi.
Amplify any weekend brunch with a classic quiche that is equal parts juicy and melty!
Bursting with fresh, vine-ripened tomatoes and creamy artisan mozzarella, this egg-based pie is simple to prepare and easily enjoyed with a mimosa. Cheers!
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 2 vine-ripened tomatoes, sliced
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 5 medium Heinen's cage-free eggs
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups packed baby spinach, julienned
- 1 premade pie crust in a pie tin
- 8 oz. mozzarella, sliced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Place the vine-ripened and cherry tomatoes on a parchment-lined sheet tray and drizzle with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake in the oven at 400°F for 15-20 minutes. Set aside.
- In a medium-size bowl, whisk together the eggs, whipping cream, spinach, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Randomly layer the tomatoes and cheese all over the pie crust, then pour the egg mixture over top. If the pie crust is too full, remove a few of the tomato or cheese slices.
- Bake in the oven at 400°F for 35-40 minutes or until the eggs are set and firm in the center.