Holiday cookie exchanges are a staple of the season, so mix things up this year with a little crunch from local blogger, Abby’s Rocky Road Fudge
- Total time:
- 6 cups mini marshmallows
- 4 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup cold butter, cubed
- 2 cups walnuts
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Line a 9×13 baking dish with parchment paper or heavily butter the baking dish.
- In a large pot over medium-high heat, add 2 cups mini marshmallows, sugar and evaporated milk.
- Bring to a gentle boil while constantly stirring.
- Once it is at a gentle boil, start a timer for 6 minutes. Stir constantly as the mixture thickens and bubbles.
- Remove from heat and add the cubed, cold butter, vanilla and chocolate chips.
- Stir together until chips have melted and fudge resembles a smooth brownie batter.
- Fold in walnuts
- Let fudge cool slightly, then fold in the frozen marshmallows (see tip below.)
- Pour fudge into the prepared baking dish and place in the fridge for 3-4 hours before slicing.
Tip: Place 4 cups of the mini marshmallows on a single layer on a baking sheet and sent them into the freezer for 20 minutes while making the fudge. This will ensure that they will not melt once you mix them into the slightly-cooled fudge.