The following recipe was created in collaboration with Lauren Schulte. To see more of her bites and meals, visit her Instagram @TheBiteSizePantry.
This salmon salad will keep you well fed. Typically salads are light and fresh, this salad is still fresh, but hearty as well. Made up of pan-seared salmon with a lemongrass reduction and served over a bead of soba noodles and asparagus with a side of crisp cucumber slaw, this salad is all about flavor.
Simple boiled noodles and sauce made in the same pan as the salmon makes for pretty simple clean up, too. You’ll love all aspects of this dish, from start to finish.
Salmon Soba Noodle Salad
- 6, 6 oz. Verlasso salmon fillets
- ½ box of Simply Asia soba noodles
- 10 asparagus spears
- 1 English cucumber
- 1 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp. lemongrass paste or 1 Tbsp. freshly grated lemongrass
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. ground ginger
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 1 Tbsp. white vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. black vinegar (sub with rice vinegar)
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. chives
- 3 Tbsp. Garlic Expressions dressing
- Salt and pepper
- Heat coconut oil in a large saucepot. Add the ginger, lemongrass paste and garlic. Cook for 2-3 minutes until fragrant and then remove from heat. Add the vinegar and honey and whisk together.
- Season the salmon with salt, pepper and the lemongrass sauce. Set aside the leftover sauce for the soba noodles. Add a little bit more coconut oil to the same pan and heat over medium heat until you start to hear the oil pop. Place the salmon fillets in the hot oil skin-side-down. Make sure to not overcrowd the pan. Let the fillets cook uncovered in the pan for 8 minutes, then cover the pan and cook for another 4-5 minutes.
- Once the salmon fillets are done cooking, place them on a warm plate and set aside. Wipe out the pot and add a cup of water back to it and bring to a boil. Add your asparagus and cook for 4 minutes. This cook time will keep them crisp.
- Fill the pot back up with water and cook your soba noodles according to the package. Drain the noodles and add them back to the pot and toss them in the leftover lemongrass sauce.
- To make the cucumber slaw, use a spiralizer to make cucumber noodles, or you can use a mandolin to slice them thin and in long strands. Add them to a mixing bowl and toss them in the Garlic Expressions dressing, lemon juice and salt and pepper. Top with chives.
- Add noodles to the middle of a plate or bowl and a salmon fillet on each side. Add asparagus to one side and cucumber slaw to the other.