The following recipe and photography was provided by recipe developer and food photographer, Ashley Durand of Plate & Pen.
Shake up your summer with a drinkable plant-based dessert that’s the perfect balance of sweet, creamy and fruity!
Blended to perfection with an avocado-based salted caramel ice cream, plant-based vanilla creamer, almond butter and coffee, this seasonal milkshake gets gourmet flare from hazelnuts and fresh figs.
Whether or not plant-based is your style, the craveable flavor of this shake will surely leave you shocked!
Salted Caramel and Fig Milkshake
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 1 Large Milkshake or 2 Small Milkshakes
- 1 pint of Cado salted caramel ice cream
- 1/3 cup plant-based French vanilla coconut creamer
- 1/2 cup hazelnuts
- 4 fresh figs, skins removed
- 2 Tbsp. Heinen's almond butter
- 1 cup ice
- 2 Tbsp. coffee
- Add the hazelnuts, figs and creamer to a blender. Blend on “shake” or “smoothie” mode until finely grated.
- Add the ice cream, almond butter and ice in that order.
- Pour the coffee over the ice so that it melts slightly.
- Blend until desired texture is achieved.
- Serve immediately.