The following recipe, video and photography were provided by our partner, Chef Billy Parisi.
Elevate and brighten simple pan-seared salmon with an easy avocado pico de gallo topping!
In the winter, meals, while always delicious, tend to be heavy and far from colorful, so add this nutritious and refreshing recipe to your weeknight dinner lineup to help lighten things up.
Stop by your local Heinen’s Seafood Department to pick up fillets of fresh Verlasso salmon and pan sear it at home in a matter in minutes. Then, all that’s left to do is chop up the veggies, mix them with lime juice and cilantro and serve on top of the piping hot salmon for a simple and healthy meal that feels special and celebratory!
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 4 8-oz. Verlasso salmon fillets
- 3 Tbsp. Heinen's olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. Heinen's unsalted butter
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 5 Roma tomatoes, seeded and medium-diced
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and small-diced
- ½ red onion, peeled and small-diced
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, finely minced
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 avocado, large diced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Season the salmon on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Add the oil to a large frying pan over high heat until it begins to lightly smoke.
- Add the salmon fillets, making sure they are evenly spaced. Turn the heat down to medium-high and add the butter. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Flip the salmon and cook for another 2-3 minutes, or until the desired internal temperature is achieved.
- Squeeze the lemon juice on top and set the salmon to the side.
- In a bowl, mix together the tomatoes, jalapeños, onions, cilantro, lime juice, salt and pepper.
- Serve the salsa on top of the salmon and garnish with avocado.