Recipe, video and photography provided by Heinen’s partner, Chef Billy Parisi.
Shaved Brussels sprouts are the perfect light and crunchy base for this refreshing salad!
Topped with crisp apples, Parmesan, fennel, onion and a homemade vinaigrette, it’s a good-for-you vegetarian entrée or side dish that’s loaded with flavor and fiber!
Shaved Brussels Sprouts Salad
- Prep time:
- Total time:
For the Vinaigrette
- 1 shallot, peeled and small diced
- 1/3 cup Heinen's red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. Heinen's whole grain mustard
- 2 Tbsp. raw honey
- 2/3 cup Heinen's extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
For the Salad
- 2 lbs. Brussels sprouts, thinly shaved
- 1 fennel bulb, cored and thinly sliced
- 2 apples, cored and thinly sliced
- ½ cup almonds, sliced
- ¼ red onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- Parmesan cheese, for garnish
- Crumbled blue cheese, optional garnish
- Add the shallot, vinegar, mustard, honey, salt and pepper to a medium-size bowl and slowly whisk in the oil until the vinaigrette is emulsified. Set aside.
- Add the shaved Brussels sprouts to a large serving bowl and layer on the fennel, apples, almonds, red onions and cheese.
- Leave the salad as is or mix before serving alongside the vinaigrette.