The following recipe and photography were provided by local blogger Carolyn Hodges of The Dinner Shift.
Sheet pan meals are lifesavers when it comes to weeknight cooking, but there’s no reason not to lean on this cooking method anytime of day, like at breakfast!
Sheet pan meals allow you to feed the whole family at one time while reducing the need for multiple pans, making morning prep and clean-up a breeze. This savory hash features a base of creamy golden potatoes and hearty Brussels sprouts that are seasoned and roasted. Near the end of cook time, eggs are cracked over the vegetables and everything returns to the oven to roast for a bit longer, until the whites are just set.
This recipe is perfect for busy mornings, especially when you use Heinen’s recipe ready halved Brussels sprouts to cut down on prep time.
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 1 lb. golden potatoes, unpeeled, scrubbed and cubed
- 12 oz. Heinen's recipe ready halved Brussels sprouts
- 3 Tbsp. Heinen’s avocado oil
- Heinen’s garlic powder
- Heinen’s onion powder
- Heinen’s smoked paprika
- Fine grain sea salt
- Black pepper
- 4 large eggs
- Heinen’s 24-month aged Parmigiano Reggiano
- Preheat the oven to 425ºF. Spray a sheet pan liberally with nonstick cooking spray.
- Toss the potatoes and Brussels sprouts in the avocado oil and arrange in a single layer on the sheet pan. Sprinkle the garlic powder, onion powder and smoked paprika over the vegetables to taste, then season with salt and pepper. Toss well and transfer to the preheated oven.
- Roast the vegetables for 20 minutes. Remove the pan from oven and stir, then use a spatula to arrange the vegetables closely together in a single layer in the center of the pan. This is to provide a bed for the eggs.
- Crack each egg onto the vegetables (spaced a few inches apart), then season the tops with salt and pepper. Transfer the pan back to the oven to roast for an additional 8-10 minutes, or until the whites are just set.
- Remove the pan from the oven, sprinkle with Parmigiano Reggiano cheese and serve.