The following recipe was created in collaboration with Lauren Schulte. To see more of her bites and meals, visit her Instagram @TheBiteSizePantry.
Great tasting and free of antibiotics and hormones, you don’t have to travel far for quality meat when you can drive down to your local Heinen’s and pick up a package of Gerber’s chicken breasts to make my Shiitake Mushroom Honey Mustard Chicken. I recommend pairing this with a simple arugula side salad for a well-balanced meal.
For the Shiitake Honey Mustard Chicken
- 4 6 oz. Gerber Chicken Breasts
- 2 cups all purpose flour, or if gluten-free, use corn starch
- 2 Tbsp. Grill Mates Montreal Chicken Seasoning
- 2 Tbsp. Heinen’s clover honey
- 1 cup shiitake mushrooms
- ½ cup Heinen’s organic honey Dijon dressing
- 4 Tbsp. butter
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 basil leaves, chopped
For the Arugula Salad
- 4 cups Heinen’s organic arugula
- 1 cup Garlic Expressions
- ¼ cup orange juice
- Pat chicken dry with a paper towel, this will help the flour stick.
- Mix the chicken seasoning into the flour. Coat each chicken breast in the flour mixture.
- In a large skillet, heat 2 Tbsp. of the butter over medium to high heat. Once it starts to pop, add chicken breasts to the pan. Make sure not to crowd the chicken so it gets a golden brown crust. If you over crowd them they won’t brown as well.
- Cook the chicken for 3-4 minutes on the first side until they turn golden brown, flip and cook for another 2 minutes on the other side. Remove them from the pan and set them aside.
- To the pan, add the remaining 2 Tbsp. of butter along with the minced garlic. Cook the garlic on medium to low heat for about a minute or until fragrant. Turn the heat down and whisk in the honey. Add the mushrooms and cook for 2 minutes, then add the Dijon dressing.
- Add chicken back to the pan, cover and cook for another 5 minutes. Garnish with fresh basil and plate it with the arugula salad.
- For the salad, whisk the orange juice and garlic expressions dressing together and toss with the arugula.