Cooking for the holidays isn’t stressful when you have an arsenal of easy appetizers like shrimp cocktail and shrimp flatbread!
For the Shrimp Cocktail:
2 tablespoons of salt
¼ cup of pickling spice
2 sliced lemons
1 pound of thawed, peeled and deveined with the tail on 16/20 shrimp
For the Shrimp Flatbread:
2 plain large flat breads
8 ounces of shredded mozzarella cheese
3 tablespoons of unsalted butter
4 finely minced cloves of garlic
1 pound of thawed, peeled and deveined 16/20 shrimp
¼ cup of shredded parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon of chopped parsley
sea salt and pepper to taste
Sea salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
1. Add the salt, pickling spice, lemons and shrimp to a medium size pot of boiling water over high heat and cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until pink and firm.
2. Remove the shrimp and chill them in ice water immediately. Once cool remove them from the water and chill before serving.
3. Serve the shrimp cocktail with cocktail sauce, lemon wedges and garnish with chopped parsley.
Shrimp Flatbread :
1. Preheat the oven 400°.
2. Next, place the flat breads on a sheet tray lined with parchment paper and sprinkle the mozzarella cheese all over the bread. Bake in the oven for 6 to 8 minutes or until the cheese is melted and slightly browned.
3. Add a medium size saute pan to a burner over medium high heat and add in the butter.
4.Once melted add in the garlic and cook for 1 minute and then add in the shrimp. Cook the shrimp for 3 to 4 minutes or until pink and firm.
5. Add the shrimp to the top of the cheese cooked flat bread, season with salt and pepper, sprinkle on shredded Parmesan cheese and garnish with chopped parsley.