The following recipe, video and photography were provided by our partner, Chef Billy Parisi.
Enchiladas are an easy and delicious weeknight meal that many families likely have in their everyday dinner rotation.
To keep your mealtime crew excited, why not shake things up with shrimp? Added to a filling of spicy poblano peppers, Adobo seasoning, Siete enchilada sauce and Heinen’s Mexican blend shredded cheese, this Mexican-inspired shellfish dish is a fiesta of flavor!
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 poblano pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 lb. Heinen's peeled and cooked shrimp
- 2 tsp. Heinen’s adobo seasoning
- 1 1/3 cup Siete green enchilada sauce
- 8 8-inch flour tortillas
- 1 cup Siete red enchilada sauce
- 1 ½ cups Heinen’s Mexican blend shredded cheese
- Sour cream, jalapeños and cilantro, for optional garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Add the oil to a large frying pan over high heat and cook the onions and peppers for 4-6 minutes or until lightly browned and tender.
- Stir in the garlic and cook for about 1 minute.
- Add the shrimp and adobo seasoning and mix just until combined.
- Pour in 1 cup of the green enchilada sauce and stir until combined. Set aside.
- Add some of the shrimp and peppers mixture into the center of a tortilla shell and roll it up right from back to front. Repeat with the remaining tortilla shells.
- Place the rolled tortillas into a 13×9 casserole dish that’s been sprayed with nonstick spray.
- Pour the 1 cup of red enchilada sauce all over, then pour on the remaining 1/3 cup of green enchilada sauce.
- Evenly sprinkle the cheese overtop, then place the casserole dish into the 350°F oven for 30-35 minutes, or until the cheese is completely melted and slightly crispy.
- Garnish with optional sour cream, sliced jalapeños and chopped cilantro.