No appetizer is more fun to make and serve than this Shrimp Fundido!
Assembled in one skillet with fresh shrimp, sauteed veggies, zesty spices and handfuls of cheese, just grab your tortilla chips and dip right in!
- 2 Tbsp. of olive oil
- 2 poblano peppers, small diced
- 1 red onion, small diced
- 2 cups of corn off the cob (frozen)
- 1 lb. of deveined, shelled shrimp, roughly chopped
- 28 oz. can of diced tomatoes, drained
- 8 oz. of shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 oz. of shredded Colby Jack cheese
- 4 oz. of shredded Manchego cheese
- 1 tsp. of crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tsp. of cumin
- 1 tsp. of dry oregano
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Optional garnish: diced tomatoes, chopped fresh cilantro, sliced green onions
- Preheat the oven to 375°.
- In a large cast iron skillet over high heat, add olive oil and saute the peppers, onion and corn until browned, about 7 to 9 minutes.
- Add the shrimp and saute for 3 to 4 minutes. Add the tomatoes and stir.
- Mix in the red pepper flakes, cumin, oregano, salt and pepper until combined.
- Take half of the mixture out of the pan and sprinkle on 1/2 of the cheeses.
- Place the remaining shrimp mixture on top of the cheese and top off with the remaining cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Garnish with diced tomatoes, chopped cilantro and sliced green onions.