The recipe and photography for this post were provided courtesy of our friends at Melissa’s Produce.
Delicious, quick-cooking Shishito peppers aren’t the spiciest pepper on the market, in fact only 1 in 10 peppers is spicy, but they might just be the hottest! When perfectly pan-friend, the sizzling Shishito Peppers are the perfect balance of delicate and silky yet crisp and snappy. Give them a try with this deliciously easy recipe.
Sizzling Shishito Peppers
Makes 4-6 Servings
- 1 pound Shishito Peppers
- Canola Oil, as needed
- 1 cup Soy Sauce
- 1 Lemon, zested and juiced
- Crushed Red Pepper Flakes, if desired
- Quickly fry the peppers in hot oil until they just turn golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels. In a bowl, combine the soy sauce, lemon and crushed pepper.
- To eat, dip the Shishito pepper into the sauce and enjoy.