The following recipe and photography was provided by Christina Musgrave of Tasting with Tina.
This Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff is a lightened-up version of a classic!
This is a “set-it-and-forget-it” recipe that’s so easy! The tender beef and mushrooms are delicious with the pasta and have a flavor so rich, everyone who tastes it will think you spent all day in the kitchen.
The stroganoff sauce is hearty, but not too heavy, which makes this dish a perfect easy weeknight dinner any time of the year.
I recommend topping with fresh herbs for a pop of freshness and color in each bite.
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 2 lbs. Heinen’s CARE Certified stew meat
- 1 tsp. Heinen’s garlic powder
- 1 tsp. Heinen’s onion powder
- 2 cups Heinen’s beef broth
- 1 cup sliced Portobello mushrooms
- 1 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 3 oz. cream cheese
- 2 Tbsp. corn starch
- 1 package Heinen’s artisan organic pasta, cooked
- Fresh basil, for serving
- Fresh thyme, for serving
- Add 2lbs. of Heinen’s stew meat, 1 tsp. of Heinen’s garlic powder, 1 tsp. of Heinen’s onion powder, 2 cups of Heinen’s beef broth, 1 cup of Portobello mushrooms, 1 Tbsp. of soy sauce and 1 Tbsp. of Worcestershire sauce to a slow cooker. Cook for 8 hours on low or 4 hours on high.
- With 30 minutes left in the cook time, whisk 2 Tbsp. of corn starch with 1/4 cup water. Add the mixture and 3 oz. of cream cheese to the slow cooker. Cook another 30 minutes, until cream cheese is melted and the sauce is thickened.
- Stir in Heinen’s cooked artisan organic pasta. Serve with fresh basil and thyme.