The recipe and photography for this post was provided by Carolyn Hodges of The Dinner Shift.
- Total time:
- 1 cup Brown Lentils, dried
- 1 14.5 oz can Diced Tomatoes
- 1 13.5 oz can Unsweetened Coconut Milk
- 1 heaping tbsp Garam Massala
- 2 tsp Minced Garlic
- 1 tsp Ground Ginger
- 2 cups Vegetable Stock
- 1/4 cup Cilantro, finely chopped
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Naan or Rice
- Combine all ingredients except cilantro (lentils through vegetable stock) in a 3 to 4 quart slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours. Remove lid and stir well.
- Season to taste, then stir in chopped cilantro.
- Serve atop cooked rice or alongside toasted naan.