Want the great taste of s’mores with a little less effort? S’mores Fudge is a big hit in my house. I usually find my husband cutting off small squares with his backside sticking out of the refrigerator in the late evening hours. Just a taste! The kids like it because it’s crunchy and chocolaty with all the flavors of a s’more in an easy-to-eat, fudge-like bar.
- 1 1/4 C. chocolate chips or melts
- 3/4 C. peanut butter, creamy
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1 1/3 C. cocoa rice krispies
- 1 1/3 C. marshmallows
- 1 1/2-2 C. Golden Grahams
- Line a 9×9 or an 8×8 inch pan with foil or parchment (let it hang over the sides so you can easily pull up on the flaps to bring out your finished treats) and butter the foil or parchment.
- In a large bowl, melt chocolate, peanut butter and butter together in the microwave. Microwave for 45 seconds, then remove and stir. Continue to microwave in 10 second increments until smooth.
- Take a 1/4 C. measuring cup and use it to remove that much meted chocolate. Set aside.
- Add in cocoa rice krispies and marshmallows to your large bowl of melted chocolate and stir until combined.
- Dump into prepared pan and spread out evenly.
- The fudge will look lumpy, so help “smooth” it out and give it an even top, pour your extra 1/4 cup of melted chocolate over the layer. This will help to fill in around the marshmallows sticking up.
- Sprinkle over enough Golden Grahams to cover the top and gently press them down so they get stuck in the chocolate.
- Place in freezer for a few minutes to set. Cut with a warm knife and serve!
However you celebrate the 4th and our country’s independence, I hope you’ll try s’more s’mores and ENJOY!