Add a little spice to your shrimp dinner with this one-skillet Harissa Shrimp and Asparagus. With fresh flavors from the land and the sea coated in Mina’s traditional Cambodian Harissa sauce, this dish is the definition of a healthy and flavorful meal.
Spicy Harissa Shrimp with Asparagus
- 1 lb. medium raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 lb. Asparagus (1 bunch), rinsed and trimmed
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 1/4 cup Mina spicy harissa
- 1 tsp. lemon pepper seasoning
- Salt and fresh pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup vegetable stock
- Crushed chili pepper flakes, optional (if you like more spicy)
- 1/2 lemon
- Fresh chopped parsley to garnish
- Over medium heat add 1 tbsp. olive oil to a large non-stick skillet. Add the asparagus and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Saute the asparagus until its tender, about 4-5 minutes. Once the asparagus is cooked, remove from the pan and set aside.
- Using the same skillet, add the other 1 tbsp. olive oil and then add shrimp. Season the shrimp with salt and pepper and cook for 1-2 minutes on one side.
- Add the minced garlic and seasoning. Stir to combine and flip the shrimp to cook on the opposite side.
- Add the harissa paste, toss and cook for another minute, then add 1/4 cup vegetable stock. Allow the sauce to reduce for about a minute on low heat so you don’t overcook the shrimp.
- Push the shrimp on the side and add the asparagus you cooked earlier back to the pan.
- Stir asparagus a few times until they are coated with the sauce. Squeeze lemon over the top of the shrimp and asparagus.
- Let this sit for 1-2 minutes for flavors to blend. Remove from heat, garnish with fresh chopped parsley and lemon slices.
- For additional heat, add some red crushed chili peppers if you like.
- Serve and enjoy!