The following recipe, video and photography were provided by our partner, Chef Billy Parisi.
Brunch is best celebrated with a bake!
Layered with puff pastry, scrambled eggs, ricotta cheese, spinach and bacon, each slice is overflowing with everyone’s favorite breakfast bites!
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 2 sheets puff pastry
- 6 large Heinen’s cage free eggs
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 cups Heinen’s baby spinach, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and medium diced
- 8 strips Heinen’s CARE Certified bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Salt, pepper and hot sauce to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Add a parchment round and nonstick spray to a 9-inch springform pan.
- Roll out the puff pastry sheets on a clean surface until they are about 12” x 12”.
- Transfer 1 puff pastry sheet to the prepared springform pan and fold in the sides to mold around the inside of the pan. Set aside.
- Whisk together the eggs until scrambled. Set aside about 2 Tbsp.
- Add the ricotta cheese, baby spinach, salt, pepper and hot sauce to the eggs and whisk until combined.
- To assemble, layer as follows: add ½ of the egg mixture to the pan and spread it out. Add ½ of the bell peppers, bacon and cheese. Repeat the process once more. Top with the remaining rolled puff pastry sheet and fold in the sides. Brush the top of the puff pastry with the remaining 2 Tbsp. of scrambled egg and bake at 400°F for 55-60 minutes, or until browned on top and cooked throughout.
- Let cool for 10-15 minutes, then run a knife around the outside of the pan before releasing, slicing and serving.