The following recipe and photography were provided by local blogger Abby Thome of The Thome Home.
Frittatas are so simple to make and easily customizable for different seasons and occasions. Light, fluffy and packed with spring herbs, this recipe is the ultimate spring bite.
It pairs beautifully with chicken sausage and a smear of Heinen’s herb cream cheese. I recommend serving this as the centerpiece at your next spring brunch.
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 8 Heinen's cage-free eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/ tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- Olive oil
- 2/3 cup dill, finely chopped
- 2/3 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 2/3 cup scallion, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F.
- In a pan of your choice, add a few tsp. of olive oil and sauté the diced onion over medium heat until translucent.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, Greek yogurt, parmesan, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Whisk together until just incorporated.
- Fold herbs into the egg mixture.
- Pour a Tbsp. of olive oil into the pan with the onions followed by the egg mixture.
- Cook on medium-low for 5 minutes until the edge start to bubble and pull away from the pan.
- Finish in the oven at 350˚F for 16-18 minutes until the eggs are set.
- Serve hot.