The following recipe and photography were provided by our partner, Megan Weimer of Dollop of Dough.
Nothing quite compares to the sweet taste of perfectly ripe stone fruit on a warm summer day!
Whether you’re a fan of peaches, nectarines, apricots or plums, these juicy and flavorful fruits are simply irresistible and always abundant in Heinen’s Produce Department every summer!
Throughout stone fruit season, Heinen’s offers a picturesque assortment of common varieties, like peaches and plums, along with unique hybrids, like plumcots and plumograntates. Their produce experts work with growers all over the country to ensure that their selection exceeds every standard for quality and variety. They even carry locally grown peaches as the season reaches its peak!
When the season strikes, I always stock up on stone fruit for snacking, but if I have extra lying around or find myself in the mood for dessert, I’ll turn them into this mouthwatering Stone Fruit Crumble.
Featuring a sweet, fruity filling and buttery gluten-free topping, it’s the ultimate indulgence. This particular recipe features peaches, but feel free to sub for your favorite stone fruit, like plums or nectarines. And, if stone fruit is out of season, Heinen’s frozen sliced peaches work just as well. While you’re in the Frozen Department, grab a pint of Heinen’s vanilla ice cream, too!
In my world, you can’t enjoy a crumble without a classic scoop of ice cream!
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
For the Filling
- 2 lbs. fresh stone fruit (sub for Heinen's frozen peaches if out of season)
- ⅓ cup Heinen's granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- ¼ cup gluten free all-purpose flour
For the Crumble Topping
- ½ cup Heinen's unsalted butter, melted
- ¼ cup Heinen's granulated sugar
- ¾ cup Heinen's brown sugar, packed
- ⅔ cup Heinen's gluten free all-purpose flour
- ⅔ cup Heinen's whole rolled oats
- ½ tsp. Heinen's ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. Heinen's ground nutmeg
- ¼ tsp. salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Generously grease a 9×13 baking dish with butter or nonstick baking spray. Set aside.
- Add the fruit, sugar, lemon juice and flour to a large mixing bowl and fold until the ingredients are well combined and the fruit is coated in flour.
- Pour the fruit into the prepared baking dish, creating an even layer. Set aside.
- In a separate large mixing bowl, whisk together the melted butter, sugar and brown sugar until well combined. Fold in the flour, oats, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt until the mixture forms clumps and looks like wet sand.
- Generously sprinkle the crumble over the fruit.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes until the fruit is bubbling and the topping is golden brown.
- Allow the crumble to cool for about 20 minutes before eating. Serve with ice cream and enjoy!