The following recipe and photography were provided by local blogger Abby Thome of The Thome Home.
You’re bound to fall in love with the taste and simplicity of this Strawberries & Cream Tart.
Perfect for adding a sweet touch to any at-home Valentine’s Day celebration, this buttery and flaky puff pastry is topped with cream cheese and juicy strawberries for a refreshing finish to a romantic meal.
Made in a few easy steps with a handful of common kitchen ingredients, serve this to someone you love and watch them fall in love at first bite.
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed according to the package instructions
- 4 oz. cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2-3 Tbsp. Heinen’s heavy whipping cream
- 2-3 Tbsp. Heinen’s powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- Pinch of salt
- Fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1 Heinen’s cage free egg
- Preheat the oven to 400˚F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place thawed puff pastry dough on the prepared baking sheet.
- Using a fork, score a perimeter into the dough, about one inch from the edge, to create a border. Continue to poke holes in the center of the puff pastry.
- Whisk the egg and brush the entire pastry with the egg wash.
- Bake at 400 ˚F for 18-20 minutes, until the puff pastry is golden brown. Cool completely on a wire rack. If the middle of the puff pastry has risen significantly, simply re-score the perimeter with a sharp knife and gently push the center down to create a cavity for the filling.
- Make the filling by mixing together the cream cheese, heavy whipping cream, powdered sugar, vanilla and salt until light and fluffy.
- Spread the filling onto the center of the puffed pastry in an even layer.
- Top with sliced strawberries and garnish with fresh mint and flaked sea salt, if desired.