Strawberry Almond Cake
- 4 medium eggs
- 1 cup caster sugar or fine ground sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 2/3 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 1/4 ground almond meal
- 8 oz strawberries hulled and cut in half or fourths
- powdered sugar for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 325°F
- Place the eggs, sugar and vanilla in the bowl of an electric mixer and whisk for 8-10 minutes or until thick, pale and tripled in volume.
- Sift the flour over the egg mix and fold in.
- Fold in the melted butter and ground almonds.
- Pour the mixture into a 8″ round cake tin lined with nonstick baking paper.
- Top with the Strawberries.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until cooked when tested with a skewer.
- Turn out on to a wire rack to cool.
- Dust with Powdered Sugar