Recipe, video and photography provided by Heinen’s partner, Chef Billy Parisi.
Turn your favorite springtime drink into a delicious and colorful dessert! Strawberries and powdered sugar complement lemon juice to give you the perfect mix of sweet and tart.
Take these bars on-the-go for a picnic or serve at an outdoor barbecue.
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
For the Crust
- 1 cup melted unsalted butter
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
For the Filling
- 6 eggs
- 2 ½ cups sugar
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup lemon juice
- Powdered sugar
- 3 cups sliced strawberries
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the butter, sugar, salt and flour until completely combined.
- Transfer the mixture to a 13×9 pan and press until completely flattened and spread out.
- Bake in the oven at 350°F for 15-20 minutes or until very lightly browned. Set aside.
- In the meantime, whisk together the eggs, sugar, flour and lemon juice until smooth.
- Pour over top of the precooked crust.
- Bake at 350°F for 25-30 minutes or until the center is slightly firm.
- Cool the bars completely to room temperature.
- Garnish with powdered sugar and sliced strawberries.