The following recipe was created in collaboration with Lauren Schulte. To see more of her bites and meals, visit her Instagram @TheBiteSizePantry.
Looking to sip on something “summery?” You have to try this Strawberry Lemonade Mint Julep! It’s this summer’s hottest drink! Featuring lime, strawberries, mint and bourbon topped with Heinen’s lemonade, this cocktail is perfect for Derby Day or any warm weather occasion.
It’s just as easy to make as it is to drink! Simply add the strawberries, lime wedges, mint leaves and bourbon to a jar with a lid and muddle with the back of spoon. Muddling the berries and mint into the bourbon creates the most delicious flavor infusion. Secure the lid on the jar and shake for 15 seconds. Pour the cocktail into a glass over fresh-crushed ice, add a strawberry sliver and fresh mint leaves to the top for aromatics and enjoy!
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 8 oz. of bourbon
- 5-6 fresh mint leaves
- 2-3 large strawberries, diced
- 2 quartered lime wedges or ¼ of a lime
- 1 cup of Heinen’s lemonade
- Fresh ice
- Strawberries, for garnish
- Mint leaves, for garnish
- Clap the mint leaves together in the palm of your hand. This will release the oils and give the cocktail stronger aroma and flavor.
- Add the strawberries, lime wedges, mint leaves and bourbon to a jar with a lid and muddle with the back of spoon.
- Secure the lid and shake for 15 seconds.
- Pour into a glass over fresh-crushed ice.
- Add a strawberry sliver and fresh mint leaves to the top of each drink for aromatics.
- Serve and enjoy!