Grab your gals and celebrate friendship with these Strawberry Prosecco cupcakes! Made with prosecco baked into the batter and filled with a fresh strawberry prosecco jam, these cupcakes are topped with strawberry buttercream that has a touch of prosecco in it too because you can never have too much wine at Valentine’s Day.
They make a delicious complement to a night of catching up with your friends and talking about how Miranda was always the best character on Sex and the City. Happy baking & happy Galentine’s Day!
Strawberry Prosecco Cupcakes
For the Cupcakes
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup sugar, plus 2 Tbsp.
- 1 ¼ tsp. baking powder
- Dash of salt
- 6 Tbsp. butter, softened and cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup prosecco
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
For the Strawberry Filling
- 1 lb. fresh strawberries, hulled and diced
- 4 Tbsp. sugar
- 2 Tbsp. prosecco
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch
For the Strawberry Buttercream Frosting
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 5 Tbsp. butter, softened
- 2 Tbsp. milk
- 3 Tbsp. strawberry filling
- 6 fresh, small strawberries, hulled and halved, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line muffin tin with baking cups.
- Stir prosecco vigorously for 2-3 minutes to reduce carbonation and eliminate bubbles. Set aside.
- In a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Stir to combine. Add butter, prosecco, vanilla, egg and egg yolk. Stir on low to combine, then increase speed to high and mix for 1-2 minutes until creamy.
- Fill muffin tins about halfway with batter. Tap muffin tin several times on the counter to smooth batter.
- Bake for 22 to 24 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool to room temperature.
- Combine all ingredients for the filling in a small saucepan and bring to boil. Continue to cook on medium heat for 5 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature.
- Prepare strawberry buttercream frosting. Combine powdered sugar, butter, and milk in stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment. Mix on medium speed for 2-3 minutes until combined.
- Add strawberry filling and mix for 1 minute on low to combine.
- Using a small spoon, scoop out the center of cooled cupcakes in about a 1-inch diameter circle, leaving an edge on the sides of the cupcakes. Fill centers with strawberry filling. Using a plastic bag fitted with a pastry tip, pipe frosting on top of cupcakes. Place halved strawberry on top of frosting.