The following recipes and photography were provided by local blogger Abby Thome of The Thome Home.
The beauty of bruschetta is that the topping options are truly limitless!
The base for this strawberry version is the incredible Pain Paillasse bread from Heinen’s Bakery. Not only is this artisan bread delicious and fluffy, it’s also good for your gut, thanks to fermentation, and hand-twisted for a unique and beautiful presentation!
Sliced thin, toasted with olive oil and adorned with fresh spring strawberries and ricotta cheese, this pairing is the ultimate light bite that’s sure to please any palate.
Interested in making these recipes? Order the ingredients online for Curbside Grocery Pickup or Delivery.
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 1 loaf of Pain Paillasse artisan bread, sliced into ¼-inch slices
- 2 cups strawberries, diced
- 1 1/2 cups ricotta cheese
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
- Lemon zest, for garnish
- Mint, for garnish
- Heinen’s balsamic glaze
- Drizzle the sliced bread with olive oil and toast both sides in a sauté pan.
- Chop strawberries into small pieces and set aside.
- Add the ricotta cheese, lemon juice, salt and pepper to a small bowl. Stir to combine.
- Once the bread is toasted on both sides, smear ricotta cheese onto the bread.
- Top with diced strawberries, drizzle with balsamic glaze and garnish with fresh mint and lemon zest.