- Total time:
- 2 cups sugar, divided
- 1 (12-ounce) bag fresh cranberries
- Combine 1/2 cup sugar and 1/2 cup water in a medium saucepan over medium heat, stirring until sugar is dissolved, about 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Stir in cranberries until well coated. Let cool.
- Drain liquid into a bowl (cranberry infused simple syrup). Reserve for cocktail.
- Place remaining sugar into a container or pan with sides. Add wet cranberries. Toss and roll cranberries in remaining 1 1/2 cups sugar until well coated; let dry for at least 1 hour.
- If you decide to thread your cranberries onto a sprig of rosemary it works best to thread the berries then coat with sugar. Otherwise the sugar falls off when you try to thread them.