Summer Squash Carpaccio
- 1 yellow squash
- 1 zucchini
- finely minced shallots
- finely chopped herbs
- lemon juice
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- grated pecorino cheese
- Thinly slice 1 yellow squash and 1 zucchini lengthwise. This is best done on the thinnest setting on a mandolin.
- Arrange a few slices on a plate in a single layer.
- Sprinkle with finely minced shallots and finely chopped herbs, drizzle with lemon juice and olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Repeat alternating direction until you have about 5 layers.
- Top with grated pecorino cheese. Let marinate 20 minutes before serving.