The following recipe and photography was provided courtesy of Heinen’s Club Fx Recipe Developer and Food Photographer, Allianna Moximchalk from Allianna’s Kitchen and was inspired by Heinen’s Chief Dietitian, Melanie Jatsek, RD,LD.
This superfood breakfast bowl or snack is loaded with fiber and omega 3 fats and literally takes 5 minutes to make!
During my busy weeks, I prepare all of the dry ingredients beforehand and add them to a microwave-safe container so all I need to do is add the wet ingredients, microwave and add my toppings!
What Is Flax Meal?
Flax meal is ground flax seeds. Flax seeds are high in fiber, omega 3 fats and are easier to digest when they are ground, which is why flax meal is such a great superfood! Flax can also help bind things together, making it a great egg replacement in some recipes.
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
For the Flax Meal
- ½ cup ground flaxseed
- 2 tsp. chia seeds
- 1 scoop Ancient Nutrition multi-collagen protein, plain or vanilla
- 1 cup milk, sub with dairy free almond milk if needed
- ½ apple, diced
- A handful of berries
- 1 tsp. chia seeds
- 2 Tbsp. unsweetened coconut flakes
- Heinen's cinnamon
- 1 tsp. cacao nibs
- A small handful of nuts
- A drizzle of Heinen's honey
- Place all of the flax meal ingredients in a bowl and mix until combined.
- Cook in the microwave for 90 seconds.
- After 90 seconds, stir and allow it to sit.
- Serve warm with optional toppings.