Chilly weather calls for a chili dinner that’s as good-for-you as it is satisfying!
With heartiness from wholesome ground turkey and a bounty of beans, this healthier spin on a beloved soup gets its key nutritional power from fresh bell peppers, chia seeds and turmeric powder.
Serve this dish when you’re in need of a better-for-you warming winter meal, or if you’re looking to give your immune system a little love!
Superfood Turkey Chili
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 1 large onion
- 2 sweet bell peppers
- 2 15 oz. cans tomato sauce (no sugar added)
- 2 15 oz. cans fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 15 oz. can dark red kidney beans
- 1 15 oz. can black beans
- 1 15 oz. can kidney beans
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1 Tbsp. turmeric powder
- 1 Tbsp. cumin
- 1 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. cayenne pepper
- Shredded cheese, for topping
- Greek yogurt, for topping
- Sliced green onions, for topping
- Olives, for topping
- Finely dice the onions and peppers.
- Brown the turkey, onions and peppers in a large skillet with extra virgin olive oil. Transfer the browned mixture to a slow cooker and layer with tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, beans, chia seeds and spices. Stir well.
- Cook on low for 6 hours or on high for 4 hours. Stir occasionally.
- Serve with your desired toppings.