This slow cooker Superfood Chili is as good for you as it is satisfying!
With sustaining heartiness from wholesome ground turkey and a bounty of beans, this healthier spin on a beloved soup gets key nutritional power from fresh bell peppers, chia seeds and turmeric powder.
Serve this delicious dish when you’re craving guilt-free comfort food or looking to give your immune system a little love!
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 1 lb. organic ground turkey
- 1 large onion
- 2 sweet bell peppers
- 2-15 oz. cans tomato sauce (no sugar added)
- 2-15 oz. cans Heinen's fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 1-15 oz. can Heinen's dark red kidney beans
- 1-15 oz. can Heinen's black beans
- 1-15 oz. can Heinen's kidney beans
- 1/4 cup Navitas chia seeds
- 1 Tbsp. turmeric powder
- 1 Tbsp. Heinen's cumin
- 1 Tbsp. Heinen's chili powder
- 1 tsp. Heinen's cayenne pepper
- Violife cheddar shreds, for topping
- Kite Hill sour cream, for topping
- Sliced green onions, for topping
- Olives, for topping
- Finely dice the onions and peppers.
- Brown the turkey, onions and peppers in a large skillet with Heinen’s extra virgin olive oil. Transfer the browned mixture to a slow cooker and layer with the tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, beans, chia seeds and spices. Stir well.
- Cook on low for 6 hours or on high for 4 hours. Stir occasionally.
- Serve with your desired toppings.