The following recipe and photography was provided by recipe developer and food photographer, Ashley Durand of Plate & Pen.
I love a good quiche, but then again, who doesn’t? I love them even more when I don’t have to make the pastry dough. Go out and buy that stuff! I get mine at Heinen’s because they have such a great selection!
This quiche has a ton of goodies inside and I can’t wait for you to try it!
Interested in making this recipe? Order the ingredients online for Curbside Grocery Pickup or Delivery.
Sweet Potato and Kale Quiche
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed
- 6 large eggs
- 3/4 cup cashew yogurt
- 1 large sweet potato, diced
- 1 15 oz. can black beans
- 2 cups chopped kale, flash boiled 2 minutes, dried
- 1 bunch asparagus, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. garam masala
- 1 Tbsp. hot sauce
- 1 Tbsp. crushed red pepper
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 yellow onion, small diced
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. fresh thyme
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Lightly flour rolling pin and work surface.
- Roll the puff pastry out into an 8″ square baking dish. Make sure the pan is oiled or buttered.
- Tear off any overhanging dough.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat with oil.
- Add chopped sweet potatoes and cook for 10 minutes.
- Mix in onions and all seasonings and cook for 10 more minutes.
- Fold in the black beans.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, cashew yogurt, cheese and hot sauce.
- Add the cooked mixture to the puff pastry-lined dish.
- Pour in half of the egg and cream mixture over the cooked vegetables, then add the kale as the next layer.
- Pour remaining egg and cream mixture over top, and bake until center of the quiche is set, about 40-45 minutes.
- Add a little more shredded cheese and sliced cherry/grape tomatoes to the top of each serving. Enjoy!