The following recipe was created in collaboration with Lauren Schulte. To see more of her bites and meals, visit her Instagram @TheBiteSizePantry.
Grab your favorite puffy winter coat and a tray full of these Sweet Potato Puffs for your next holiday gathering.
These bite size morsels will quickly become a staple at your holiday table for years to come. Squares of buttery flakey Pillsbury crescent roll dough are filled with sweet potato puree and topped with a mini marshmallow and a dusting of toasted walnuts to a sweet potato casserole you can hold in your hand!
- 18 Puffs
- 2 Pillsbury Buttery Flakey Crescent Roll Tubes
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup Heinen’s Maple Syrup
- 2 Tbsp. Heinen’s Clover Honey
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie seasoning
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ½ tsp. nutmeg
- ½ tsp. allspice
- 24 mini marshmallows
- ½ cup chopped or whole walnuts
- Heinen’s Avocado Oil Cooking Spray
- Preheat oven to 450˚F. Spray muffin tin with avocado oil cooking spray and set aside.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Peel and dice sweet potatoes. When water is boiling, add sweet potatoes and boil over high heat until fork tender, about 10 minutes.
- While the sweet potatoes are cooking, place chopped walnuts on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet and spray with avocado oil cooking spray. Sprinkle with salt and place them in the 450˚F oven and bake for 5-7 minutes or until they become fragrant. Make sure to watch them so they don’t burn.
- Unroll the crescent roll dough. Pinch together the serrated cuts to form one large sheet of dough then slice each roll of dough into 12 equal-sized squares.
Place each square into a muffin tin and press down so the dough touches the bottom and sides of the tin.
- Once the potatoes are fork tender, drain and add into a food processor or high powered blender. Add heavy cream, honey, maple syrup and spices. Blend until smooth.
- Fill each puff with about a tsp. of the sweet potato puree or until it comes to the puff’s top edges. Don’t over fill. Top each with a mini marshmallow and some of the toasted walnuts.
- Place the puffs into the 450˚F oven and bake for 7 minutes or until the dough turns golden brown and the marshmallows start to puff up and brown slightly.
- Remove from the oven and, if you’re feeling fancy, drizzle with more honey.
Interested in making this recipe? Order the ingredients online for Curbside Grocery Pickup or Delivery.