The following recipe and photography were provided by local blogger Carolyn Hodges of The Dinner Shift.
Take advantage of Heinen’s frozen seafood to make quick and healthy meals in minutes.
This Thai-inspired salad is topped with Heinen’s frozen coconut shrimp, which is already breaded and cooked and simply needs to be baked before serving. The shrimp bakes for about 20 minutes, during which time you can prep the salad and dressing. The entire meal comes together in under 30 minutes, making it ideal for quick weeknight meals.
Kale and Napa cabbage serve as the base for this salad, with carrots, peppers and cucumbers tossed in for color and crunch. I love cilantro, which is why I add a lot to this salad, including the stems, which are just as flavorful.
The peanut lime dressing is one of my favorites!
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
For the Salad
- 1 package Heinen’s frozen coconut shrimp
- ½ bunch curly kale
- ½ head Napa cabbage
- 3 medium carrots
- ½ English cucumber
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 bunch green onions
- ½ bunch cilantro
- Chopped peanuts
For the Dressing
- ¼ cup Heinen’s avocado oil
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. Heinen's peanut butter
- 2 Tbsp. lime juice
- 1 Tbsp. reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 tsp. toasted sesame seed oil
- 2 tsps. Heinen’s honey
- Sea salt
- Bake the shrimp according to package directions.
- Shred or thinly slice the kale and cabbage. Cut the carrots, cucumber and bell pepper into matchsticks. Thinly slice the green onions and chop the cilantro, stems included. Toss the vegetables together in a very large bowl.
- Whisk together the dressing ingredients, then season to taste with sea salt. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss well to combine.
- Serve the salad topped with the baked coconut shrimp and chopped peanuts.