The following recipe and photography was provided by Christina Musgrave of Tasting with Tina.
This super easy Tilapia and Roasted Red Pepper Skillet will be in my dinner rotation all fall long!
With fresh tilapia from Heinen’s Seafood Department, Heinen’s roasted red peppers and a light cream sauce, this dinner is easy, colorful, nutritious and delicious. It’s also a great option when meal prepping lunches or dinners.
Made in one pan and on the table in under 30 minutes, I recommend serving this dish on its own, with roasted veggies or over rice.
Tilapia and Roasted Red Pepper Skillet
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 1 lb. fresh tilapia fillets
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. Heinen’s unsalted butter
- 1/2 white onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jar Heinen’s roasted red peppers
- 1/4 cup Heinen’s chicken stock
- 1/4 cup Heinen’s heavy cream
- 1/4 cup Heinen’s 24-month aged Parmigiano Reggiano, grated
- Fresh basil, for serving
- Pat the tilapia fillets dry. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add 2 Tbsp. of Heinen’s unsalted butter and the tilapia fillets. Sear for 3 minutes per side, then remove from the pan.
- Add the diced onion to the pan and sauté for 3 minutes. Add the garlic and sauté until fragrant. Add the roasted red peppers and 1/4 cup of Heinen’s chicken stock to the pan.
- Add 1/4 cup of Heinen’s heavy cream to the pan. Stir and simmer for 3-4 minutes. Add the tilapia back to the pan and cover the fillets with the sauce. Top with Heinen’s grated 24-month aged Parmigiano Reggiano and fresh basil.