The recipe and photography for this post was provided by Carolyn Hodges of The Dinner Shift. Recipe inspired by The Recipe Critic.
A fun and unexpected appetizer, these Toasted Chicken Parmesan Ravioli Bites are irresistibly crunchy, creamy and all-around addictive!
Traditionally deep fried, these crispy ravioli are breaded and baked until puffed and golden brown. I topped them with fresh chopped parsley and grated parmesan cheese. I love to serve these alongside Heinen’s marinara sauce, which I reheat in the microwave just before serving. It’s fresh, bright and perfectly complements the rich ravioli.
These ravioli are best when prepared just before serving, but don’t worry, they only require 10 minutes of active prep. For a more classic version, feel free to swap the chicken & mozzarella ravioli with Heinen’s four cheese ravioli (or any of their many ravioli varieties!)
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 6-8 (about 3-4 ravioli per serving)
- 2 Heinen's cage free eggs
- ¾ cup Heinen's Italian-style breadcrumbs
- ½ cup Heinen's 24-Month Aged Parmigiano Reggiano, finely grated, plus more to serve
- 2 (9 oz.) packages Heinen’s chicken and mozzarella refrigerated ravioli
- Parsley, chopped
- 1 (16 oz.) container of Heinen’s marinara sauce, warmed
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a shallow bowl, whisk together the eggs. In a separate wide, shallow bowl, mix together the breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese.
- Dip each ravioli in the egg mixture then gently toss in the breadcrumb mixture until well-coated. Shake gently to remove excess. Continue this process until all ravioli are coated, arranging ravioli in a single layer on the baking sheet.
- Transfer pan to preheated oven and bake for 12-15 minutes, or until ravioli puff up and become golden brown around the edges. Allow to cool slightly, then top with parsley and sprinkle with parmesan. Serve alongside warm marinara sauce for dipping.