The following recipe and photography were provided by local blogger Carolyn Hodges of The Dinner Shift.
Have you discovered Heinen’s Daily Bites in the Prepared Food Department? A destination for grab-and-go-style, ready-to-heat and ready-to-eat dishes, it’s a one-stop shop for freshly prepared meals that you don’t have to make!
With everything from mains and a la carte sides, to sandwiches, leafy green salads and hot soups, there is truly something for every taste and preference!
I’ve recently discovered Heinen’s Truffle Cauliflower Risotto, a vegetable-based version of traditional risotto with an elevated flavor profile. Made with riced cauliflower, cremini mushrooms and white truffle oil, the strong truffle flavor pairs beautifully with Heinen’s fan-favorite Garlic Grilled Shrimp from the Prepared Food case. Topped with a few microgreens, no one would ever believe that this effortlessly elegant meal came together in mere minutes.
Why You’ll Love Heinen’s Truffle Cauliflower Risotto
- It’s a great pick if you’re looking to include more nutrient-dense vegetables in your diet. Compared to traditional arborio rice, riced cauliflower is higher in fiber and many other nutrients, including vitamins A, C, E and folate, and the minerals calcium, iron and potassium. Like other cruciferous vegetables, cauliflower contains many beneficial antioxidants, including sulforaphane, which can reduce inflammation in the body. And because cauliflower is a non-starchy vegetable, this risotto contains about half the carbs of traditional risotto.
- You don’t have to invest time making risotto from scratch. The process of making risotto can be tedious and time consuming. With Heinen’s Truffle Cauliflower Risotto, all you have to do is heat, stir and enjoy!
- It’s cost effective. Truffle oil alone can be pricy, especially if you’re only buying it for one recipe. By opting for Heinen’s Truffle Cauliflower Risotto, you get elevated truffle flavor without spending money on ingredients you may not use again.
- It pairs deliciously with seafood! While this risotto can easily be enjoyed its own, the strong truffle and nutty parmesan flavors are ideal partners for fish and shellfish. Heinen’s Seafood Department has plenty of options if you’re looking to prepare seafood at home, but for an easy flavor-packed shortcut, you can’t go wrong with the tender Garlic Grilled Shrimp from Heinen’s Prepared Food case.
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- Heinen’s Truffle Cauliflower Risotto
- Heinen’s Garlic Grilled Shrimp
- Vigeo Gardens microgreens
- Lemon wedges
- Heat the cauliflower risotto and shrimp according to the cooking instructions on the label.
- Transfer the cauliflower risotto to a serving plate and add the shrimp on top.
- Serve with microgreens and lemon wedges.