The following recipe, video and photography were provided by our partner, Chef Billy Parisi.
Truffles are an elegant ingredient with the distinct ability to turn any meal into classy cuisine. Luckily, with Truff black truffle oil, you don’t have the venture into the wild or pay a fortune to indulge in the highly desired truffle flavor!
Perfect for an elegant date night at home, this creamy, savory mac and cheese gets a gourmet boost from a crunchy truffle oil-tossed bread crumb topping.
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 2 Tbsp. Heinen’s unsalted butter
- ½ yellow onion, peeled and small diced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 2 Tbsp. of all-purpose flour
- 2 cups Heinen’s whole milk
- 1 cup Heinen’s heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup each shredded white cheddar, Gouda and Havarti cheese
- 12 oz. cavatappi noodles, cooked and strained
- 2 cups Heinen’s panko breadcrumbs
- 3 Tbsp. Truff black truffle oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- In a medium-size pot over medium-low heat, add the butter, onions and garlic. Cook for 4-5 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.
- Stir in the flour to make a roux.
- Add the milk and cream and turn the heat up to high. Bring to a boil while occasionally stirring.
- Once the mixture becomes very thick, whisk in the melted cheeses until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the cooked noodles to a 9×13 casserole dish or a 9-inch cast iron skillet. Pour on the cheese sauce and mix to combine.
- In a separate small bowl, mix together the breadcrumbs and truffle oil until combined. Evenly spread the breadcrumbs over top of the mac and cheese.
- Bake in the oven at 375°F for 20-25 minutes, or until the breadcrumbs are browned.