The following recipe, video and photography were provided by our partner, Chef Billy Parisi.
This Tuscan Scallop Pasta will send you on a trip to the Tuscan shores from the comfort of your dining room table.
Toss Heinen’s Italian-imported artisan fettuccine nests with sun-dried tomatoes, cremini mushrooms and spinach to create big Mediterranean flavor. Completed with pan-seared scallops and a garnish of fresh basil, this flavorful seafood dish is best enjoyed with one of Heinen’s featured Mediterranean wines!
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 1 lb. scallops, foot removed
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. unsalted butter
- 1 yellow onion, peeled and small diced
- 2 cups cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- ½ cup white wine
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3 Tbsp. Heinen's sun-dried tomatoes, julienne
- 3 cups packed baby spinach
- 1 lb. Heinen’s fettuccine pasta, cooked , drained and rinsed
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook Heinen’s artisan fettuccine pasta according to the package instructions. Rinse with cold water, drain, add olive oil and set aside.
- Season the scallops on both sides with salt and pepper.
- In a large frying pan over high heat, add 2 Tbsp. of oil along with the scallops.
- Immediately add the butter and cook for 90 seconds to 2 minutes, or until well browned. Flip the scallops nd cook for another minute.
- Set the scallops to the side on a plate and add the remaining 1 Tbsp. of olive oil. Sauté the onions and mushrooms for 3-4 minutes, or until browned.
- Stir in the garlic and cook for 1 minute before deglazing with the white wine. Cook until most of the liquid has been absorbed.
- Pour in the cream and cook over medium heat until it becomes very thick, like alfredo sauce.
- Add the tomatoes and baby spinach and cook until the spinach is wilted.
- Mix in the cooked pasta, salt and pepper until combined. Serve with the cooked scallops.