The following recipe and photography was provided by Christina Musgrave of Tasting with Tina.
If you love oatmeal, you’ll find yourself obsessed with this protein-packed, dessert-inspired spin!
This oatmeal has a delicious vanilla cake batter flavor thanks to vanilla protein powder I found at Heinen’s. It is delicious hot or cold, making it a great meal prep breakfast recipe.
Ready to enjoy in only 10 minutes, there’s no sweeter way to start the day than with a bowl of this cake batter creation!
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 1/2 cup Heinen’s oats
- 1 cup Heinen’s almond milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 Tbsp. Heinen’s honey
- Sprinkles, for serving
- Combine 1/2 cup of Heinen’s oats and 1 cup Heinen’s almond milk in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir and cook for 3-5 minutes until the milk is absorbed.
- Add the egg and stir well for 1 minute.
- Add 1 scoop of protein powder, a pinch of salt and the honey. Stir well. If the oatmeal is too thick, add almond milk, 1/4 cup at a time, until the desired consistency is reached.
- Serve hot or refrigerate overnight and serve cold.