The following recipe and photography were provided by our friends at Miyoko’s Creamery.
Few things a better than a warm panini right off the press. Whether you practice a Vegan lifestyle or not, you’re sure to be surprised at how this non-dairy cheese and butter tastes like the real thing, which makes it an indulgent treat for everyone!
- 1 large globe eggplant, sliced ½” thick
- 2 red bell peppers
- 2 cups baby spinach
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 3 Tbsp. aged balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Miyoko’s Fresh Vegan Mozz
- 4 Ciabatta Rolls or 8 slices of your favorite Sourdough bread
- Miyoko’s European Style Cultured Vegan Butter
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Roast whole red bell peppers on a sheet pan or baking dish in the oven for 30 minutes or until charred.
- Place the peppers in a paper bag and cool until they can be handled.
- Toss the eggplant slices in the olive oil, balsamic vinegar and thyme. Season with salt & pepper and grill on grill-pan until tender and caramelized. Turn over once.
- Build your sandwich.
- Cut ciabatta rolls in half or use 2 slices of your favorite Sourdough bread.
- Slice or spread cheese on the bottom slice of ciabatta or bread. Keep it light, or add as much as you like!
- Arrange in layers: red bell peppers, eggplant, and fresh baby spinach.
- Place the top on the sandwich.
- Butter bottom of the sandwich and place on grill or panini press.
- Butter the top of the sandwich.
- Either close the panini press or grill the sandwich on each side until toasty brown.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes, cut and enjoy!