The following recipe and photography was provided by our partners at Angelic Bakehouse.
Whether or not you follow a vegan lifestyle, this recipe is one you simply must try!
The perfect replacement for traditional pulled pork, smoky tahini jackfruit pairs deliciously with Angelic Bakehouse’s vegan sprouted grain burger buns. From top to bottom, this healthy meatless meal is going to leave everyone wanting a second sandwich
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- Angelic Bakehouse hamburger buns
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- 2 Tbsp. vegan mayo
- 1 Tbsp. dill relish
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup jackfruit pieces
- 2 Tbsp. tahini
- 1 Tbsp. Heinen's pure organic maple syrup
- 1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tsp. liquid smoke
- 2 cups shredded kale
- Olive oil
- In a bowl, stir together the cabbage, mayo, dill relish and salt. Set aside.
- Sauté the jackfruit over medium heat until browned in some places. Shred jackfruit.
- In a bowl, mix together the jackfruit, tahini, maple syrup, apple cider vinegar, soy sauce, and liquid smoke.
- To prepare the kale, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat in a pan. Add the kale and sauté until wilted, 2-3 minutes.
- Toast the buns.
- To assemble the sandwiches, spread your condiments of choice on the buns. Layer on the sautéed kale, jackfruit and top with slaw on top.
- Enjoy right away!