The following recipe and photography was provided by Christina Musgrave of Tasting with Tina.
Vegan Sweet Potato Avocado Bites are a flavorful and healthy appetizer or snack. Perfectly poppable, these bite-size rounds feature a delicious avocado, tomato, onion and cilantro salsa on a toasted sweet potato cracker.
Whip these up for a quick after school snack or a healthy Big Game side dish!
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 30 Bites
For the Sweet Potatoes
- 2 large sweet potatoes, sliced into 1/4-inch rounds
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- Pinch of salt and pepper
For the Salsa
- 1 large avocado, diced
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 1/4 cup diced cilantro, plus more for serving
- 1 Tbsp. lime juice
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine sweet potato rounds, olive oil and salt and pepper in a large bowl. Mix well.
- Line the sweet potato rounds on the baking tray. Bake for 20 minutes, then flip and bake for 10 more minutes.
- While the sweet potatoes are cooking, combine avocado, tomato, red onion, cilantro, lime juice, extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper. Gently mix until everything is combined. Set aside.
- When the sweet potatoes are done baking, set on a platter and top with the avocado cilantro salsa.
- Top with additional cilantro for serving.