The following recipe was created in collaboration with Lauren Schulte. To see more of her bites and meals, visit her Instagram @TheBiteSizePantry.
Rosé all day? Yes way!
Turn your favorite summer rosé from Heinen’s vast selection into a festive and fruity cocktail for two, three or just you. Frozen watermelon and a splash of rosé blended and served in the original watermelon rind is the treat for a hot summer day.
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 2-3 cups frozen watermelon (one small watermelon equals about 3 cups)
- 12 oz. of your favorite rosé (about half of the bottle)
- 2 cups crushed ice
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 1 can of strawberry sparkling water, or your favorite seltzer water
- 3-4 fresh mint leaves, plus more for garnish
- Slice a small watermelon in half and scoop out the insides, leaving each of the watermelon rinds intact. Place the watermelon insides in plastic Ziploc baggies and freeze for up to 2 hours.
- Once the watermelon is frozen, remove from the baggies and combine all ingredients in a high-powdered blender. Blend until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into the watermelon rinds, or a drinking glass, garnish with fresh mint and serve with a party straw.