This recipe was inspired by Heinen’s What’s for Dinner?, a weekly meal guide with simple ingredients and step-by-step instructions.
Sneak in an extra serving of vegetables (and cut down on prep time) by swapping pizza dough for mushrooms! Portobello mushroom caps make for perfect mini pizzas. Top with jarred sauce, shredded cheese and your favorite toppings for a healthy meal that’s ready in 15 minutes.
Easy Portobello Pizzas
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
- Phillips Gourmet Large Portobello Mushroom Caps (4)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Rao’s Homemade Pizza Sauce
- Heinen’s Shredded Mozzarella
- Dried Italian herbs
- Heinen’s Pepperoni Slices
- Sliced Kalamata olives
- Jarred roasted red peppers
- Canned artichoke hearts
- Chopped fresh basil
- Preheat broiler.
- Using a spoon, remove the stems and scrape out the brown gills of mushrooms. Brush the tops of the mushrooms with olive oil.
- Broil mushrooms, top side up, for 3-4 minutes, or until mushrooms begin to shrink slightly. Remove pan from oven and carefully flip mushrooms.
- Top each mushroom with 1-2 tablespoons pizza sauce, 2 tablespoons shredded cheese and desired toppings.
- Return mushrooms to broiler for 3-4 more minutes, or until cheese melts.