A loaf of bread, an immensely flavorful spread, some creamy cheese and bright fresh vegetables are all you need for one delicious dinner. With just five simple ingredients and 15 minutes, this Mediterranean Flatbread will quickly become a weeknight staple. It also doubles as a quick and fabulous appetizer!
The star of this dinner show is the miscela, a hearty tapenade typically made with olives and spices. It’s delicious on this flatbread but also works well as a pizza topping or stirred into pasta dishes. Heinen’s features a different variety of miscela on their Olive Bar.
You have full permission to get creative with this easy flatbread concept. Feel free to swap in Heinen’s Pesto for the miscela, try goat cheese instead of feta or sub baby arugula for the spinach. However you spin this one, it’s guaranteed to deliver.
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 1 loaf Heinen’s Ciabatta Bread
- 1 cup Heinen’s Olive Bar Miscela, any variety
- ½ cup Heinen’s Bulgarian Sheep’s Milk Feta Cheese, crumbled
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach, chopped
- 1 cup TOMZ® cherry tomatoes, quartered
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Slice ciabatta loaf in half lengthwise and place both halves cut-side-up on a baking sheet.
- Divide miscela between bread halves and spread in an even layer using the back of a spoon. Top each half with ¼ cup feta. Transfer pan to preheated oven and bake for 8-10 minutes, or until bread is crispy.
- Remove pan from oven and top each flatbread with 1 cup chopped spinach and ½ cup quartered tomatoes. Using a large chef’s knife or bread knife, cut the flatbreads into slices or wedges (as pictured.)
What’s for Dinner is our way of taking the stress out of cooking and making mealtime fun! Each week at the front of your local Heinen’s, you’ll find all the ingredients needed to create one of our simple and delicious chef-inspired meals. Just follow the easy step-by-step recipe card provided to have dinner ready in a matter of minutes.